Since launching at the Sydney Olympics in 2000 we have supported sponsors, and non sponsors alike with video production, distribution and amplification, from brands such as Procter & Gamble (P&G), UNICEF and adidas at every Olympics since.
Our Olympics Timeline:
The 2008 Beijing Olympic Games attracted intense global media attention for various reasons. Many global brands – sponsors and non-sponsors alike – wanted to leverage this attention to increase their mindshare in China and globally. TheNewsMarket created a customised service that enabled brands and organisations to reach the media, consumers and bloggers before, during and after the Olympics;
- As the largest aggregator of rights-free Olympics content, TheNewsMarket saw significant media foot-traffic during the Games. In the space of 17 days, more than 5,200 clips were ordered by 975+ news organisations in 83 countries.
- More than 400 bloggers embedded content from our Beijing 2008 channel increasing the reach of our clients video manifold.
- Chinese media interest in clients’ content increased by 200%.
- The Beijing channel on www.thenewsmarket.com generated 10+ hours of editorial coverage globally for our clients’ content.
- The average ROI for customers on the Beijing channel was 40x.
During the event, the content we produced and distributed achieved:
- more than 30,000 downloads across over 800 media outlets worldwide from thenewsmarket.com
- 76 billion impressions over the Olympic period, as measured by our clients’ evaluation teams
67% of content used from www.thenewsmarket.com were TV broadcasters from the likes of BBC, NBC, USA Today, CNN and ABC.
TheNewsMarket also built and hosted the London 2012 video library and the London Media Centre for London & Partners, plus the adidas News Stream and interactive news releases for Speedo.
Our crew of 50 people worked over 19 days from the ‘P&G Family Home’, a haven for the families of competing athletes during the London 2012 Olympics, to capture 450 hours of emotional content. The Home was central to the “Thank You, Mom” campaign devised by Procter & Gamble
Do you have an event coming up that you want to gain local and global brand media coverage for? Our expertise include video production, global video news distribution, media relations outreach plus the creation and hosting of online newsrooms for brands such as: