SOURCE: Ally Bank
Banking Securely Anytime, Nearly Anywhere, on a Smartphone
In line with this trend, Ally Bank's suite of customer-centric products and features has recently expanded to include the second generation of Ally Mobile Banking—featuring customers' most-requested capabilities—including Ally eCheck DepositSM, Bill Pay, and fund transfers to and from external banking institutions.
The updated mobile banking app, available for Android™ and iPhone®, and mobile banking website (m.allybank.com) continues to offer customers all of its original features: the ability to check balances, search transaction history, transfer money between Ally Bank accounts, see current call wait time, and find nearby ATMs and cash-back locations.
Ally Mobile Banking also features the same secure banking experience that customers find online. To enhance personal security while banking via a mobile phone, consumers can also keep in mind the following tips:
- Keep mobile device applications and operating systems updated to help protect against potential vulnerabilities, and avoid modifying or "jailbreaking" a phone, which may violate the device warranty
- Install mobile security software on a device to protect against malicious software called malware or viruses
- Password protect mobile devices and use "lock" mode when not in use; this helps to prevent access to any personal data stored on a phone
- Only download apps from a trusted source, such as the App Store or Google Play Store
- Install software to find or remotely wipe data from a mobile phone, to assist in case it is left behind or lost
About Ally Bank
Ally Bank is a direct bank in the U.S. that offers a straightforward approach to banking with no minimum deposit required to open an account, no monthly maintenance fees and 24/7 live customer service. A subsidiary of Ally Financial Inc., the Bank offers online savings, interest checking, money market accounts, certificates of deposit with terms ranging from three months to five years, and IRA Plans and products. Member FDIC.
For more information, visit the Ally media site at http://media.ally.com or follow us on Twitter @ally.
iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks, and App Store is a service mark, of Apple Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.