SOURCE: General Motors - Global
GM Delivers 187,195 Vehicles in September
General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM) dealers delivered 187,195 vehicles in the United States in September, down 11 percent compared year over year. Retail sales were down 6 percent versus a year ago and fleet sales were down 27 percent. Retail sales were up 2 percent on a selling day-adjusted basis.
Highlights (vs. 2012)
* Buick sales increased 6 percent and Cadillac sales were up 10 percent. On a retail basis, Buick sales have now increased for 17 months in a row.
* Chevrolet Malibu sales were up 29 percent, sales of the Spark were up 6 percent and retail sales of the Impala increased 64 percent. Chevrolet Tahoe sales were up 14 percent.
* Third quarter retail sales for GM were up 13 percent and total sales were up 7 percent.
* Through the first nine months of the year, Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac and GMC have posted double-digit retail sales increases compared with 2012.
* Year-to-date sales of Buick and Cadillac cars are up a combined 15 percent; large pickups are up 20 percent; large SUVs are up 15 percent; and compact crossovers are up 13 percent.
* GM's fleet sales in September reflect the strategic repositioning of the Impala, the temporary discontinuation of the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon, and lower Chevrolet Cruze sales.