SOURCE: General Motors - Global
GM Tips: Post Winter Car Care
Give Your Car a Spring Cleaning for Safety and Efficiency
Winter weather puts extra strain on vehicles, and this past winter was especially brutal for many regions in the U.S. Now that warmer weather is upon us, it is important to make sure you give your vehicle a spring cleaning before you hit the road.
Be sure to pay extra attention to exposed items like tires, brakes, wipers, glass and the undercarriage. Checking these items ensure a safer and more efficient ride this spring and summer!
According to GM Certified Service, some of the most important tips drivers can check before hitting the road this season:
- *Go to the car wash and make sure that the undercarriage is clean after driving on salted roads
- Replace your wiper blades
- Make sure the battery connections are tight and corrosion free
- *Check your brakes
- Make sure all of the necessary fluids are at their recommended levels
- Check hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked or frayed
- Check your tire pressure and tread life