IBM Tees Up 50 New TV Spots That Play Only Once During the Masters Golf Tournament <br>"Made With IBM" is Next Chapter of Smarter Planet Campaign
By airing 50 new spots during a sports sponsorship, "Made With IBM" is breaking new ground. IBM and its creative partner Ogilvy & Mather sent three crews on a whirlwind, two-week road trip to shoot film and photography of unscripted interviews of dozens of clients across 17 countries.
"Made With IBM" is the latest chapter in IBM's Smarter Planet strategy, which shows how capturing and analyzing data in new ways can make the world run more efficiently - even smarter - with fewer traffic jams, less crime, more personalized medical treatment, and less energy waste. "Made With IBM" showcases how companies are making progress on a Smarter Planet.
Made With IBM - Fast Facts:
• 50 different TV spots (:30s and :60s) shown only once during the Masters live programming, April 9-13, on ESPN and CBS
• TV spots show how companies are collaborating with IBM to use the technology blocks of the new world at work - Big Data, cloud computing, mobile devices and Watson.
• 3 crews of directors, journalists and photographers visited nearly 20 countries in only two weeks - e.g., Australia, Brazil, China, Italy, India, Japan, France, U.S.
• The 50 unique mini-stories feature dozens of IBM clients (e.g. Silicon Valley entertainment startup Music Mastermind, Chinese children's clothing retailer Leyou, Italian satellite TV company Sky Italia) and organizations that collaborate with IBM (Memorial Sloan Kettering, New York Genome Center, P-TECH School in Brooklyn)
• They also feature IBMers (e.g., IBM researcher Michael Barborak; Mike Rhodin, Senior Vice President, IBM Watson Group; and Lance Crosby, chief executive of IBM's SoftLayer, a leading cloud computing service)
• Directors: Jesse Dylan, Joe Pytka, Doug Pray
• Made With IBM is a long-term brand campaign that will span TV, print, digital and social outreach