SOURCE: Kia Motors Corporation
Style and Space for the All-New Kia Optima Sportswagon, making its Global Debut at Geneva Motor Show
- Kia's first-ever D-segment tourer makes debut at 2016 Geneva Motor Show
- Design inspired by 2015 Kia SPORTSPACE Concept
- 553-litre cargo capacity and versatile 40:20:40 split-fold rear seats
- High strength bodyshell and intuitive technologies improve safety
- New intotainment system with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- Smooth ride and responsive handling, with optional electronic suspension
- Choice of gasoline and diesel engines and advanced seven-speed double-clutch transmission
(SEOUL) February 18, 2016 – The all-new Kia Optima Sportswagon, Kia's first ever D-segment tourer, will make its global premiere at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show (86th Salon International de l'Automobile) on 1 March.
Inspired by the 2015 SPORTSPACE concept – shown for the first time at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show – the Optima Sportswagon offers the striking exterior design and high quality interior of the 2016 Optima sedan, with the added practicality and appeal of a tourer bodystyle.
Michael Cole, Chief Operating Officer, Kia Motors Europe, commented: "The Optima has come to define Kia globally, and is credited with kick-starting the brand's design-led transformation. The SPORTSPACE concept from 2015 was a clear intention of where we wanted to take the Optima next, and the Sportswagon adds an extra level of style and practicality to the well-received sedan."
Cole added: "This is an important product for Kia in Europe, and it will increase our presence in this hugely important segment. In Europe, two thirds of all sales in the D-segment, and three quarters of all fleet sales in this class, are made up of tourers, so the Optima Sportswagon will play a critical role in attracting new private and corporate buyers to the brand. This is an important conquest product for Kia."
The Optima Sportswagon will be available with a choice of efficient and responsive gasoline and diesel powertrains, including a high-powered GT model. The Optima Sportswagon is equipped with a range of innovative safety assistance and infotainment features, ensuring maximum occupant safety, comfort and enjoyment.
The Optima Sportswagon is due to go on sale across Europe in Q4 2016.
Press Release Download