SOURCE: LEGO Group
Global LEGO sales up 15 percent in first half of 2014
• Revenue in first half of 2014 increased 15% compared with the same period last year measured in local currency (i.e. excluding the impact of foreign exchange rate changes).
• Revenue for the first half of 2014 increased by 11% in DKK to DKK 11,504m compared with DKK 10,408m for the same period last year.
• Operating profit (profit before financial items and tax) for first half 2014 was DKK 3,632m compared with DKK 3,246m for first half 2013, an increase of 12% year over year
• Net profit for first half of 2014 was DKK 2,715m compared with DKK 2,381m for first half 2013
• Cash flow from operating activities was DKK 3,383m compared with DKK 2,908m during the first half of 2013.
Commenting on the financial result, LEGO Group President and CEO Jørgen Vig Knudstorp says:
"Our revenue in the first half of 2014 has more than tripled compared to first half year revenue six years ago, in 2008. It is a very satisfactory result that shows our significant growth in recent years in a tough economic environment. The result for the first half of 2014 is an outcome of our ability to develop, launch and distribute LEGO® products, which children all over the world put at the top of their wish lists. We are particularly pleased that classics such as LEGO City, LEGO Creator, LEGO Technic, and LEGO Star Wars™ continue to deliver very strong growth globally."
Available content includes b-roll, images, as well as press release and factsheet with all relevant information on financial performance.