New Vegas VR App Transports Consumers into Virtual Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS – With the launch of Vegas VR, a virtual reality app that features only-in-Vegas experiences, Las Vegas is quickly becoming a front-runner in the virtual reality space for destination marketing organizations. Vegas VR offers one-of-a-kind Las Vegas experiences through one of the more accessible virtual reality systems available – all users need is the app, a smartphone and a cardboard viewer.
When using Vegas VR, consumers are directly connected with a series of 12 original 360-degree interactive videos that become immersive virtual reality experiences when used with a VR Viewer compatible with smartphones, such as Google Cardboard.
“Las Vegas is always looking for innovative ways to engage visitors. The VR app allows us to showcase the destination to first time visitors and remind Vegas enthusiasts about all of the unique offerings,” said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. “Vegas VR gives our visitors a new way to connect with Las Vegas.”
Vegas VR places users into some of the most iconic Las Vegas experiences. From ziplining through the Fremont Street Experience aboard Slotzilla, to being serenaded on an authentic gondola ride through The Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian and more, the app brings Las Vegas to life and entices visitors to book their next trip. According to research, approximately two thirds of United States travelers say they would be influenced to visit a destination if they were to experience it through virtual reality.
Even without a cardboard viewer, users are able to watch all of the 360-degree videos on the app and interact with the videos using gyroscope, swipe and zoom functions without using additional virtual reality technology.
While Las Vegas continues to innovate with more interactive and immersive content to the app, users can now enjoy the following:
- Gondola Rides at The Venetian Las Vegas - Authentic Venetian gondola ride down the Grand Canal.
- Lago by Julian Serrano at Bellagio Resort & Casino - Introduction by Julian Serrano and cocktail demonstration by Ricardo Murcia, Master Mixologist
- Zip line experience above Fremont Street Experience - SlotZilla Zip Line at Fremont Street Experience
- Nobu Villa at Caesars Palace (Part 1) - Villa tour by Gigi Vega, Vice President and General Manager
- Nobu Villa at Caesars Palace (Part 2) - Villa deck tour by Gigi Vega, Vice President and General Manager with guest appearance by Chef Nobu Matsuhisa
- Aerial tour of the Strip by Maverick Helicopters - Overhead view of the Las Vegas Strip from inside a Maverick helicopter
- BARDOT Brasserie at ARIA Resort & Casino (Part 1) - Cocktail demonstration by Nathan Grates, Assistant General Manager
- BARDOT Brasserie at ARIA Resort & Casino (Part 2) - Culinary interview with Joshua Smith, Executive Chef
- Richard Petty Driving Experience: Authentic NASCAR Entertainment at Las Vegas Motor Speedway - NASCAR racecar driving experience
- Sage at ARIA Resort & Casino - Cocktail demonstration
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area at Red Rock Canyon - Car drive through Red Rock Canyon
- EDM Stage at Life is Beautiful - Crowd perspective of the EDM Stage at Life is Beautiful Festival
Additional Las Vegas digital assets include GeoVegas, a platform that features curated itinerary collections and incorporates interactive 360-degree videos and photos of iconic Las Vegas attractions, dining, nightlife and more; VIVA, a dynamic and engaging platform that captures the best Las Vegas has to offer through original destination digital content, and WhereToVegas, a mobile app that provides visitors with a social heat map of trending locations and events in Las Vegas, helping visitors maximize their Vegas vacation experience by informing them of the ‘hot spots’ in town during their stay.