• The global economic recovery continues to be fragile but, with immediate pressures beginning to ease, CEOs are feeling more optimistic and gradually switching from survival mode to growth mode.
• The Survey revealed that CEO confidence about the global economy is definitely on the rise.
• In fact, 44% of the CEOs believe that the global economy will improve in the next 12 months – that’s more than double from last year.
• While only 7% of CEOs, compared with 28% last year, think that things will get worse in the year ahead.
• This optimism is also evident in how CEOs view the prospects for their own companies.
• Nearly 40% said they are ‘very confident’ their company’s revenues will grow in 2014. That’s up from 36% last year, though still below the 52% in 2007.
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.