SOURCE: S&D Group at European Parliament
Hungary-Serbia border closed : Europe MUST adopt a Common asylum policy
Yesterday, a delegation of Socialists & Democrats MEPs, led by their President Gianni Pittella, visited a refugee camp and the newly constructed border fence between Serbia and Hungary.
On the field, Gianni Pittella has called for unity between all national governments before a crucial meeting of Justice and Home Affairs Ministers in Brussels. Mr Pittella stressed that Europe can no longer remain hostage of selfishness and hypocrisy.
Elena Valenciano, Chair of the Parliament sub-committee for Human Rights, Greek MEP Miltiadis Kyros, and Hungarian Members István Ujhelyi and Péter Niedermuller, joined Mr Pittella during the Group visit.
The Hungary-Serbia border was closed yesterday evening.
This HD broadcast package contains:
- Stockshots of the Iron Curtain in Röszke, Hungary
- Stockshots of Röszke refugee camp, Hungary
- Interview with Ali, Syrian refugee (English)
- Interview with S&D President Gianni Pittella (English)
- Interview with S&D Member Peter Niedermuller (English)