SOURCE: S&D Group at European Parliament
No more Plastic Bags in our Woods and Seas
Strasbourg, 28th of April. Today the European Parliament backed new legislation to curb the consumption of lightweight plastic carrier bags in the European Union.
The new legislation will oblige member states to either adopt measures ensuring that the annual consumption level does not exceed, on average, 90 lightweight plastic carrier bags per person by the end of 2019, and not more than 40 bags per person by 2025; or alternatively, to ensure that they are not given for free at stores and sales points by the end of 2017.
This video package includes:
- Natural soundbites (English) with S&D MEP and spokesperson on health and environment, Matthias Groote
- Extracts of the plenary vote
- Natural sounbites (English) with Karin Dubsky – Coastwatch Europe (Faxford, Ireland)
- Animation video on plastic bags consumption (TVlink Europe)
- Stock shots on plastic bags and pollution at sea