14 Oct 2015
B-ROLL video - 'COP21: MEPs vote for A binding Climate Agreement'
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (OCTOTBER 30, 2015) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN BRUSSELS (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTING SESSION IN THE PLENARY ROOM
3. CUTAWAYS: VARIOUS OF GILLES PARGNEAUX TALKING TO HIS ASSISTANT.
4. GILLES PARGNEAUX (EP rapporteur on the COP21 resolution) SAYING (FRENCH):
“Today, about 24 million people were displaced because of the climate. If we don’t do anything, 100 million or 200 million people will become climate refugees.”
5. CUTAWAYS: CLOSE-UP ON GILLES PARGNEAUX’S EYES AND HANDS
6. GILLES PARGNEAUX (EP rapporteur on the COP21 resolution) SAYING (FRENCH):
“Our first proposal is to totally eliminate greenhouse gases in the world by 2050. We also want a 40% reduction by 2030 in Europe.”
7. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF KATHLEEN VAN BREMPT TALKING TO HER ASSISTANT
8. KATHLEEN VAN BREMPT (S&D VICE-PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH):
“ Renewables are not only important to meet our climate goals. They make sure that we have cleaner air, which is an important environmental effect. And on top of that, it is very good for our economy”.
CUTAWAY: CLOSE-UP ON KATHLEEN VAN BREMPT‘S HANDS
9. KATHLEEN VAN BREMPT (S&D VICE-PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH):
“ In Copenhagen, we already agreed internationally to raise 100 billion euros per year by 2020. It is also important to see whether we can have new revenues from the ETS or the financial transaction tax. These can make sure that the money is gathered”.
10. CUTAWAY: KATHLEEN VAN BREMPT LEAVING THE PLACE OF THE INTERVIEW
11. MOTION DESIGNED INFOGRAPHICS:
• Estimated renewable energy share of the global energy consumption
• Jobs in the renewable energy sector
(source: REN21 - Renewable Energy policy Network)
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.