EUROPE (MAY 2011) (EUROPEAN COMMISSION AUDIOVISUAL – ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EU CITIZENS SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ON 'FACEBOOK'
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EU CITIZENS SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ON 'GOOGLE MAP'
STRASBOURG, FRANCE (JULY 3-4, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY:LARGE PLAN OF THE PLENARY ROOM (INTERIOR)
3. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTING SESSION ON 'PRISM' SURVEILLANCE PROGRAM
4. CUTAWAY:GENERAL ATMOSPHERE OUTSIDE THE PLENARY ROOM
5. DIMITRIOS DROUTSAS (S&D MEP AND RAPPORTEUR ON DATA PROTECTION) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"The crucial issue in the resolution is: what shall we do with the so-called "free trade agreement" that the European Union is going to negotiate with the United States. Let me be clear on that: on one hand we are committed to this agreement because it is also about the creation of jobs in Europe, about boosting our economy. In times of economic crisis, this is very important. But –and I want to be very clear on that: we can't and we mustn't sacrifice or principles on the benefit of the economy".
6. CUTAWAY: CLOSER ON DIMITRIOS DROUTSAS'S EYES
7. DIMITRIOS DROUTSAS (S&D MEP and rapporteur on DATA PROTECTION) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"Our principles are: protection of the fundamental rights of our citizens and also protection of our self respect."
8. CUTAWAY: LARGE PLAN OF THE PLENARY ROOM (INTERIOR)
9. VIVIANE REDING (EU Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"Various elements of the reform are of particular relevance: it will clarify the territorial application of the law, including all companies operating in the EU. It will have a clear definition of personal data and it will clarify the regime of international transfers".
10. CUTAWAY: HANNES SWOBODA LISTENING TO COMMISSIONER REDING
11. HANNES SWOBODA (S&D PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"Well, I find it strange and crazy if the US is collecting all these data from citizens, companies and EU institutions. That is an enormous spying activity, which is absolutely not tolerable because we are friends and partners, at least I though we were. You don't spy on partners and friends"
12. CUTAWAY: HANNES SWOBODA TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.