PLACE UNKNOWN (SEVERAL COUNTRIES ACROSS EUROPE) (NOVEMBER 30, 2012) (TV LINK EUROPE- ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF TURTLES, BEAVERS AND CRAYFISHES
FRANCE, STRASBOURG (APRIL 16, 2014) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTE ON INVASIVE ALIEN SPECIES
3. PAVEL POV (S&D MEP, CZ) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"Invasive alien species are the second most important threat for biodiversity and human health so this is a very important issue and I am very glad to have this European legislation in place now. Every single Member States was tight to treat the invasive alien species alone, now we can make it together."
4. CUTAWAY: PAVEL POC TALKING TO HER ASSISTANT
5. PAVEL POV (S&D MEP, CZ) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"The basis of this proposal is to have one European list of the species which are dangerous all across the European Union.
6. CUTAWAY: PAVEL POC TALKING TO HER ASSISTANT
7. PAVEL POV (S&D MEP, CZ) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"A regional approach is also proposed: to establish a list of species that would be the target on which a common approach would be built and that the Member States, part of a single region, could focus on. "
8. CUTAWAY: PAVEL POC TALKING TO HER ASSISTANT
HUNGARY (NOVEMBER 30, 2012) (TV LINK EUROPE- ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE AMBROSIA TOXIC PLANT
2. GERGELY MáNYOKI (SUFFERS FROM ALLERGIES) SAYING (HUNGARIAN) :
« At the beginning of the pollen season, my throat, nose and eyes begin to itch. And when the season is at its height, the symptoms are much more serious. I begin to cough, my eyes become inflamed, my face is swollen. »
3. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE AMBROSIA ANALYSED THROUGH THE MICROSCOPE
4. DR TAMAS KöMIVES (PLANT PROTECTION INSTITUTE, HUNGARY) SAYING (HUNGARIAN) :
« The worst aspect of Ambrosia is the damage it causes to agriculture, to corn and sunflowers. It costs about 36 million euros in health care. In agriculture it's three times that. »
5. CUTAWAYS: VIEWS FROM THE HELICOPTER ON FIELDS WHERE THE PLANT HAS DEVELOPED
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.