16 Jul 2015
'B-roll' version (with EN voice-over) of the video news release on refugee relocation across Europe.
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (July 15 & 16, 2015) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: EXTERNAL PLAN OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTING SESSION IN THE CIVIL LIBERTIES COMMITTEE IN THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT (INTERIOR)
3. CLAUDE MORAES, CHAIR OF THE CIVIL LIBERTIES COMMITTEE IN THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT SAYING (ENGLISH):
“The relocation vote for asylum seekers is an emergency procedure to take into account the fact that we have a crisis in the Mediterranean”.
4. CUTAWAY: CLAUDE MORAES READING DOCUMENTS IN HIS OFFICE
5. CUTAWAY: CLOSE-UP ON CLAUDE MORAES’S EYES.
6. CLAUDE MORAES, CHAIR OF THE CIVIL LIBERTIES COMMITTEE IN THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT SAYING (ENGLISH):
« We, as the European Union, need to have a mechanism to have real solidarity. We need to share the refugee burden, which is now being placed in countries like Italy and Greece. There is no real solidarity if the vast majority of refugees and asylum seekers are really being relocated just in a small number of countries in the EU”.
7. CUTAWAY: CLAUDE MORAES FLIPPING THROUGH DOCUMENTS
8. CLAUDE MORAES, CHAIR OF THE CIVIL LIBERTIES COMMITTEE IN THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT SAYING (ENGLISH):
“We are sending a call to the Council as Socialists & Democrats for a managed compassionate approach; I don’t like the word “quotas”, I think this is about redistribution; this is about responsibility and solidarity”.
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (December, 2014) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS - ACCESS ALL)
9. CUTAWAY: AZZAM DAABOUL 24 YEARS-OLD SYRIAN REFUGEE ARRIVING AT HIS WORK IN THE EUROPEAN COUNCIL ON REFUGEES AND EXILES
10. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF AZZAM DAABOUL WORKING ON HIS COMPUTER
11. AZZAM DAABOUL SAYING (ENGLISH):
“The protection of European borders forces us to do very dangerous things to reach Europe”.
12. CUTAWAY: AZZAM DAABOUL WORKING ON HIS COMPUTER
13. AZZAM DAABOUL SAYING (ENGLISH):
“After having waited for my family in front of the sea, I’m still scared of seeing that sea again”.
14. CUTAWAY: AZZAM DAABOUL SHOWING THE PICTURES OF A BOAT RESCING HIS FAMILY IN THE MEDITERRANEAN.
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.