26 Jun 2013
BELGIUM, BRUSSELS (JUNE 25, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN BRUSSELS
2. LINDA MC AVAN SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"Well, often people talks about green jobs in green sectors. But if you build a wind farm, you create jobs in lots of sectors; in the steel sector, in traditional sectors. You create jobs in intellectual property. You create jobs in design, so there is a huge potential from building on our end new resources and creating jobs across the continent."
3. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN BRUSSELS
4. LINDA MC AVAN SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"EU is spending billions and of billions of Euros importing fossil fuels. When oil goes up and gas goes up, we're actually spending lots of tax payers money. Seven hundred euros per person, doesn't make sense when we can make our energy in our own continent. And have a sustainable supply forever. So I think it is kind of a 'no brainer' investment, in renewable energy."
5. CUTAWAY: CONNIE HEDEGAARD SPEECH
6. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE ESPLANADE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
7. LINDA MC AVAN SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"One thing we done in the past and I hope we'll do it again, to create targets for each country for renewable energies. At the moment we got a 20 percent target for 2020. We should actually push the investment in all our countries, when we are looking at 2030 targets on the socialist and democrats group wants to target 45 percent. Because in the longer term we got to decarbonize our power sector."
8. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE ESPLANADE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
9. STUART REIGELUTH SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"The concept behind this exhibition is to highlight the human dimension of renewable energy, by showing workers in action on projects across Europe. So we can send a message that says "Join the energy transition and invest in renewables across Europe." That's meaning from citizen levels, to the cities, to the regions, to the countries, to the super national level. Trying to give nice burst hope. "
10. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE ESPLANADE OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.