17 Apr 2014
European Parliament, Strasbourg; Kiev, U
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (APRIL 17, 2014) (EUROPEAN COMMISSION AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF ARRIVAL AND HANDSHAKES BETWEEN CATHERINE ASHTON, HIGH REPRESENTATIVE OF THE UNION FOR FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND SECURITY POLICY AND VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION AND JOHN CARRY, US SECRETARY OF STATE
FRANCE, STRASBOURG (APRIL 17, 2014) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
2. HANNES SWOBODA PRESIDENT OF THE S&D GROUP) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"The United States and Europe must support a peaceful negotiation, but especially Europe of course, which has to play a bigger role because it is our immediate neighbour. We have a lot of instruments in our hands to help Ukraine but Ukraine has of course to help itself by having a clear vision on how to keep the territorial integrity of the country together. "
3. CUTAWAY: HANNES SWOBODA TALKING TO HER ASSISTANT
4. HANNES SWOBODA PRESIDENT OF THE S&D GROUP) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"I think with all the tensions and danger of attacks, killings, maybe of war, it is absolutely important to talk and give a clear signal to Russia that what they are doing is unacceptable but also a clear signal to Ukraine that they have to do everything to build up a comprehensive policy for all the citizens of Ukraine."
5. CUTAWAY: HANNES SWOBODA TALKING TO HER ASSISTANT
6. HANNES SWOBODA PRESIDENT OF THE S&D GROUP) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"For us Socialists and Democrats, it is very important that the European Union gives a European perspective to Ukraine but also to Moldova and Georgia. We want to have these countries to come closer and closer to the European Union with the long-term perspective of joining the EU because that would stabilize the country, it would give them a clear vision of reform and modernisation and of keeping the freedom and liberty for their citizens."
KIEV, UKRAINE (FEBRUARY 22, 2014) (EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. VARIOUS ILLUSTRATIVE SHOTS OF THE DEMONSTRATION IN MAIDEN SQUARE AFTER THE PROTEST
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.