19 Jun 2013
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (JUNE 19, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF INSTITUT SUPERIEUR INDUSTRIEL DE BRUXELLES - ISIB (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: ISABELLE WINDAL TALKING TO A COLLEGUE - ISIB LABORATORY (INTERIOR)
3. ISABELLE WINDAL (DOCTOR IN CHEMISTRY) SAYING (FRENCH):
« We find fluorinated gases in all the cooling system: freezers, refrigerators, air conditioning systems, both in private and public sector ».
4. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF ISABELLE WINDAL AND A COLLEGUE READING A STUDY ON AIR POLLUTION - ISIB LABORATORY (INTERIOR)
5. ISABELLE WINDAL (DOCTOR IN CHEMISTRY) SAYING (FRENCH):
"There are two types of fluorinated gases: those which contains chlorine, and the other ones. Those containing chlorine are already regulated by the Montreal protocol because they destroy the ozone layer. The other ones are still problematic because they are greenhouse gases and consequently participate to the global warming ».
6. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF LABORATORY TOOLS
7. ISABELLE WINDAL (DOCTOR IN CHEMISTRY) SAYING (FRENCH):
"Different studies have proven that one ton of these f-gases emissions have the same impact as thousands tons of CO2 emissions. It can give you an idea of how powerful these gases are ».
8. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, BRUSSELS (EXTERIOR)
9. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF MEPS, INCLUDING JO LEINEN (S&D MEP, GERMANY), DURING A VOTING SESSION IN THE COMMITTEE OF ENVIRONMENT
10. JO LEINEN (S&D MEP, GERMANY) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"We have this legislation on fluorinated gases, the so-called f-gases to take them out of the market. The European union will be leader in phasing out the gases and even banning them in the next years ».
11. CUTAWAY: JO LEINEN TALKING TO THE JOURNALIST (CLOSE PLAN OF EYES AND HANDS)
12. JO LEINEN (S&D MEP, GERMANY) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"We discovered that a lot of small and medium-size companies in Europe have been developing alternative gases that are climate-neutral, therefore we also have a huge investment incentive and we are creating jobs in Europe. So then, we cover three objectives: saving the atmosphere, fighting against climate change and developing innovative economy in Europe.
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (FEBRUARY 2, 2007) (EUROPEAN COMMISSION AUDIOVISUAL- ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EU OFFICER SETTING UP THE AIR CONDITIONING IN HER OFFICE
MADRID, SPAIN (MARCH 12, 2003) (EUROPEAN COMMISSION AUDIOVISUAL- ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF A YOUNG COUPLE IN THEIR KITCHEN, DISCUSSING AND OPENING THE FRIDGE.
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.