Strasbourg, 16th of September. The Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament welcomed the simultaneous ratification of the EU-Ukraine association agreement and deep and comprehensive free trade area (DCFTA). The Group again underlined its solidarity with the Ukrainian people as the deal was approved today by the European Parliament and the Ukrainian Verkhovna Rada.
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTE OF THE UKRAINE-EUROPEAN UNION ASSOCIATION AGREEMENT IN THE HEMICYCLE
3. KNUT FLECKENSTEIN (S&D VICE-PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
“We really show that we know support their fight for more democracy, more economic growth, for a lot of changes against corruption, then we can of course speak on how Ukraine will organise itself so that everybody feels at home in this country, not only the Western part, but also the Russian-speaking minorities.”
4. CUTAWAY: KNUT FLECKENSTEIN SPEAKING TO A JOURNALIST
5. KNUT FLECKENSTEIN (S&D VICE-PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
“The main thing is that the Russians recognize the sovereignty of Ukraine and that the fighters coming from Russia go back and that the border between Russia and Ukraine is in a way secured, that nobody can infiltrate Ukraine during this war.”
6. CUTAWAY: GIANNI PITTELLA DURING THE DEBATE ON UKRAINE IN THE HEMICYCLE
7. GIANNI PITTELLA (PRESIDENT OF THE S&D GROUP) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
“Do we want a new cold war in Europe? The Socialists and democrats say no! But we ask another question, is Europe ready to stand aside and let absolutely anything happen in order to avoid a
new cold war? We also say no to that. We can’t just let anything happen and sit back. The principal of territorial integrity is to be defended.”
KIEV, UKRAINE (24 FEBRUARY, 2014) (EUROPEAN PARIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF DEMONSTRATIONS IN GREECE
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.