12 Apr 2016
B-roll video of the interview with Damian Draghici, EP Rapporteur on 'Learning EU at school' (audio EN and RO).
Extracts of the plenary vote included.
STRASBOURG, FRANCE (APRIL 12, 2016) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: TRAVELLING FROM THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT TO THE TRAM WAY (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAYS: VARIOUS OF THE PLENARY VOTING SESSION IN THE HEMICYCLE (INTERIOR – 3 SHOTS)
3. CUTAWAYS: VARIOUS OF EP RAPPORTEUR ON LEARNING EU AT SCHOOL, DAMIAN DRAGHICI, DISCUSSING WITH A JOURNALIST (INTERIOR – 2 SHOTS)
4. EP RAPPORTEUR ON LEARNING EU AT SCHOOL, DAMIAN DRAGHICI SAYING (ENGLISH):
“I really believe that ‘learning EU at school’ is gonna change the perception and the knowledge of European citizens. It’s important to change their feeling and knowledge by informing them on their rights. What are their rights, as European citizens, in the Member States”.
5. CUTAWAY: CLOSE TRAVELLING ON DAMIAN DRAGHICI TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
6. EP RAPPORTEUR ON LEARNING EU AT SCHOOL, DAMIAN DRAGHICI SAYING (ENGLISH):
“Member States should not be divided. They should include a European chapter in their curricula as well as a proper training for teachers. Most of the schools have cursus and line and it’s therefore easy to update them with a European chapter. But the most important thing in our report is that young people really need to know what are their European rights, responsibilities and citizenship”.
PART II (AUDIO ROMANIAN)
7. EP RAPPORTEUR ON LEARNING EU AT SCHOOL, DAMIAN DRAGHICI SAYING (ROMANIAN):
« I believe that it is very important to learn about the European culture in schools. First of all, based on a recent Eurobarometer, 71% of people aren't informed, as European citizens, 44% feel that they don't know how the European Union works and 52% say that their voice isn't listened to in the European Union. I do believe that this report will be of very much help for the citizens to know their rights, their history and their responsibilities ».
8. CUTAWAYS: VARIOUS OF EP RAPPORTEUR ON LEARNING EU AT SCHOOL, DAMIAN DRAGHICI, DISCUSSING WITH A JOURNALIST (INTERIOR – 2 SHOTS)
9. EP RAPPORTEUR ON LEARNING EU AT SCHOOL, DAMIAN DRAGHICI SAYING (ROMANIAN):
“What is most important is that, having this report in schools, in the school programme in all European member states, we will try to implement - each state in its own way - special trainings for teachers, online trainings. And, what is more important, is that young students, based on our report, want to be aware of their rights, of their responsibilities and they want their European citizenship ».
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.