Europarl Audiovisual Services
Strasbourg, 19 May 2015. Extracts of the plenary debate between Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and MEPs. The extract contains footage with EP President Martin Schulz and quotes from Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and EU Commission's Vice-President, Frans Timmermans.
STRASBOURG, FRANCE (MAY 19, 2015) (EUROPEAN PARIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAYS: VARIOUS OF THE ARRIVAL OF VIKTOR ORBAN AT THE PARLIAMENT OF STRASBOURG AND WELCOMED BY THE PRESIDENT MARTIN SCHULZ
2. CUTAWAY: LARGE SHOT OF THE HEMICYCLE
3. CUTAWAY: MARTIN SCHULZ PUTTING HIS HEADPHONES ON, VIKTOR ORBAN STANDING UP
4. VIKTOR ORBAN (PRIME MINISTER OF HUNGARY) SAYING (HUNGARIAN):
“We Hungarians like to speak frankly, either we speak frankly or we don't speak at all, and we talk straight about death penalty and we talk straight about immigration.”
5. CUTAWAY: FRANS TIMMERMANS SMILING
6. FRANS TIMMERMANS (FIRST VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"If the Hungarian government were to take steps to reintroduce the death penalty, let me underline that the Commission is ready to use immediately all the means at its disposal to ensure that Hungary, as well as any other Member State, complies with its obligations and the Union law and respects the values of the Union enshrined in Article 2. We will not hesitate one second in such a case."
7. CUTAWAY: LARGE SHOT OF THE HEMICYCLE
8. CUTAWAY: MARTIN SCHULZ TAKING OF HIS HEADPHONES
This material is offered free of charge for EU-related information and education purposes. Credits : © European Union, 2015