S&D Group at European Parliament
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (JUNE 19, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF INSTITUT SUPERIEUR INDUSTRIEL DE BRUXELLES - ISIB (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: ISABELLE WINDAL TALKING TO A COLLEGUE - ISIB LABORATORY (INTERIOR)
3. ISABELLE WINDAL (DOCTOR IN CHEMISTRY) SAYING (FRENCH):
« We find fluorinated gases in all the cooling system: freezers, refrigerators, air conditioning systems, both in private and public sector ».
4. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF ISABELLE WINDAL AND A COLLEGUE READING A STUDY ON AIR POLLUTION - ISIB LABORATORY (INTERIOR)
5. ISABELLE WINDAL (DOCTOR IN CHEMISTRY) SAYING (FRENCH):
"There are two types of fluorinated gases: those which contains chlorine, and the other ones. Those containing chlorine are already regulated by the Montreal protocol because they destroy the ozone layer. The other ones are still problematic because they are greenhouse gases and consequently participate to the global warming ».
6. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF LABORATORY TOOLS
7. ISABELLE WINDAL (DOCTOR IN CHEMISTRY) SAYING (FRENCH):
"Different studies have proven that one ton of these f-gases emissions have the same impact as thousands tons of CO2 emissions. It can give you an idea of how powerful these gases are ».
STRASBOURG, FRANCE (MARCH, 12 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
8. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
9. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF MEPS DURING THE VOTING SESSION, STRASBOURG (INTERIOR)
10. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF JO LEINEN (S&D MEP, GERMANY)
11. JO LEINEN (S&D MEP, GERMANY) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"With this new regulation, Europe Makes a big step forward to protect the climate. We will reduce F-gases by 2/3 in 2030».
12. CUTAWAY: JO LEINEN (CLOSE PLAN OF EYES AND HANDS)
13. JO LEINEN (S&D MEP, GERMANY) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"Alternatives exists and can be found in the European industry which has made research and innovation. We can profit from it on our own market and in the world ».
14. CUTAWAY: JO LEINEN TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
15. JO LEINEN (S&D MEP, GERMANY) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"It is even more energy-efficient, so industries' alternatives could save energy and then save money. It is good for the consumer, it is good for industry – especially small and medium size companies- and it is good for the environment. This is a real good success that we achieved with this new European regulation".
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (FEBRUARY 2, 2007) (EUROPEAN COMMISSION AUDIOVISUAL – ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF EU OFFICER SETTING UP THE AIR CONDITIONING IN HER OFFICE
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.