SOFIA, BULGARIA (JUNE 4-5-6-7, 2013) (TV LINK EUROPE- ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: PEOPLE CARRYING PLASTIC BAGS AND BUYING PRODUCTS ON A MARKET
FRANCE, STRASBOURG (APRIL 16, 2014) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTE ON THE REDUCTION OF PLASTIC BAG CONSUMPTION
3. JUDITH A. MERKIES (S&D MEP, NL) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"In Europe we use a hundred billion bags a year which comes down to two hundred bags per citizen a year in Europe, that is the average. There are countries where they use four bags and other countries where they use four hundred bags. They usually end up in the sea or the ocean and nom they do not decompose, which means that they are there for ages "
4. CUTAWAY: JUDITH A. MERKIES TALKING TO HER ASSISTANT
5. JUDITH A. MERKIES (S&D MEP, NL) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"What we have done is that we have is said that there must be a reduction target of 80% in five years and the other thing we want to do is to substitute the very light plastic bags that you usually use to wrap your apples – a one way bag – to have that substituted for another option."
6. CUTAWAY: JUDITH A. MERKIES TALKING ON HER MOBILE PHONE
7. JUDITH A. MERKIES (S&D MEP, NL) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"We leave it up to the Member States in order to see what is best for their country, how to reduce the bags but the best way to that has been proven is to do that with a charge and you will immediately have a very good effect."
8. CUTAWAY: JUDITH A. MERKIES TALKING TO HER ASSITANT
WAXFORD, IRELAND (JUNE 10-11-12, 2013) (TV LINK EUROPE- ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: KARIN DUBSKY EXPLAINING THE PROBLEMS THAT CAUSE PLATIC BAGS
2. KARIN DUBSKY (COASTWATCH EUROPE) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"The Irish population ahs changed its behavior in many ways. With the plastic bag tax, initially, there was a lot of suspicion that there wouldn't, and within months, people were really buying into it. It became the in thing to have your bag with you and people are proud of it. "
3. CUTAWAY: KARIN DUBSKY AND COLLEAGUES WALKING ON THE BEACH
4. KARIN DUBSKY (COASTWATCH EUROPE) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"In 2000, the average was around 19 plastic bags per 500 meters. It's now 2! Very good compared to Mediterranean countries where it has remained high because there is no tax. "
5. CUTAWAY: KARIN DUBSKY AND COLLEAGUES WALKING ON THE BEACH
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.