09 Sep 2015
European Parliament, Strasbourg, France
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (SEPTEMBER 07, 2015) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE REFUGEES CAMP IN BRUSSELS
2. VOICE-OVER SAYING:
EN: “The air is still fresh on this September morning in Parc Maximilien in Brussels. Located in front of the immigration office, the small area hosts hundreds of refugees escaping conflicts in Syria, Lybia and Afghanistan”
3. OMAR (AFGHANISTAN REFUGEE) SAYING (ARAB):
« My name is Omar. I’m afraid of my name « Omar », I’m afraid people would kill me”.
4. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE REFUGEES CAMP IN BRUSSELS
5. MOHAMED (SYRIAN REFUGEE) SAYING (SYRIAN):
“We came because of the war, war is difficult. There are many people being killed, there is no security in our country, it is a difficult country”.
6. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE REFUGEES CAMP IN BRUSSELS
7. VOICE-OVER SAYING:
” The distribution of tents, clothes and food has been made possible by the huge mobilization of citizens and several NGO”s.
8. NOEMIE DESGUIN (CITIZEN VOLUNTEER) SAYING (EN/FR):
“I think that the great solidarity happening right now is due to two things: firstly, the State didn’t do anything. Because of that, the citizens got involved and made things happened because there was nothing else organized”.
FRANCE, STRASBOURG (SEPTEMBER 09, 2015) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
9. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE DEBATE IN STRASBOURG BETWEEN MEPS AND THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION
10. VOICE-OVER SAYING:
“The inaction of national governments is a major concern for the European Parliament. Today in Strasbourg, MEPs have been debating with the Commission on measures to push Member States to act.
FRANCE, STRASBOURG (SEPTEMBER 08, 2015) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
11. BIRGIT SIPPEL (SPOKEPERSON ON CIVIL LIBERTIES) SAYING:
"Member States are crazy, they don’t take responsibility and they do endanger the all Europe idea. Everyone is true to say we do need long term resolutions on the root causes of migration but in the current situation, we need to ensure that we deal with the migrants arriving in Europe and that every country takes responsibility"
12. CUTAWAY: BIRGIT SIPPEL TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
13. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE CEREMONY FOR THE REFUGEES IN THE PARLIAMENT OF STRASBOURG
14. VOICE-OVER SAYING :
“On the initiative of the Socialists & Democrats, a solidarity ceremony was held yesterday in the European Parliament to show support for refugees and to call on Members States to help relocate 160.000 of them”.
15. GIANNI PITTELLA (S&D PRESIDENT) SAYING:
"I hope that the next Council will give the right answer to our proposal. We want a compulsory and permanent system of relocation of refugees in all European countries"
FRANCE, STRASBOURG (SEPTEMBER 07, 2015) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
16. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF VONLUNTEERS ON THE REFUGEES CAMP
17. VOICE-OVER SAYING:
“The signal is clear. S&D MEPs will continue pressuring EU governments to take on the example of citizens’ solidarity…until now, the only one to recognize the suffering of these people escaping war”.
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.