S&D Group at European Parliament
BELGIUM (NOVEMBER 27, 2006) (EUROPEAN COMMISSION AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF CAR ACCIDENTS AND ANIMATIONS SHOWING HOW THE ECALL SYSTEM WORKS
STRASBOURG, FRANCE (FEBRUARY 26, 2014) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTE RELATED TO THE DEPLOYEMENT OF THE ECALL SYSTEM
3. OLGA SEHNALOVA (S&D MEP, CZ) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"The eCall in-vehicle system is a device in the car that actually allows, when a severe accident happens, to alert automatically the rescue services."
4. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF OLGA SEHNALOVA TALKING TO A COLLEAGUE
5. OLGA SEHNALOVA (S&D MEP, CZ) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"It is in the case of severe accidents, so which means that the system is triggered: there are sensors in the car that indicate when the accident is severe, when an airbag opens for instance, but at the same time it enables, in the case of less severe situations, to have a voice connection between the public safety entering point and the car to see what happened."
6. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF OLGA SEHNALOVA TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
7. OLGA SEHNALOVA (S&D MEP, CZ) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"It is safe concerning data protection because it is based on a dormant SIM card: the system is not active and not transmitting any data unless an accident happens. "
8. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF OLGA SEHNALOVA TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.