ROMANIA (DATE UNKNOWN) (EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF AN ORTHOPAEDIC CENTRE WHERE PROSTHESIS ARE CREATED AND WHERE A MAN IS DOING EXERCICE WITH HIS NEW PROSTHESIS
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (SEPTEMBER 24, 2013) (EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF A DOCTOR TALKING TO THE PATIENT EXPLAINING THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BREAST IMPLANTS
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (SEPTEMBER 26, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE TEST-ACHAT SOCIETY BUILDING (EXTERIOR)
3. MARTINE VAN HECKE (DOCTOR AND COORDINATOR OF THE HEALHCARE TEAM AT TEST-ACHAT) SAYING (FRENCH SPEECH):
"There is a real problem of transparency in this sector. The evaluation of these implants isn't communicated on any of the authorities websites. Furthermore we don't have any information concerning the secondary effects which have been detected."
4. CUTAWAY: MARTINE VAN HECKE LOOKING AT IMPLANT SURGERY IMAGES ON HER COMPUTER
5. MARTINE VAN HECKE (DOCTOR AND COORDINATOR OF THE HEALHCARE TEAM AT TEST-ACHAT) SAYING (FRENCH SPEECH):
"The body which allows the product on the market has to have a better training, has to be better enforced, people have to be really knowledgeable, and the product has to be looked at. It can't be like a shopping tool and that anybody who wants to have the product on the market go the easiest. For products that are implanted or which dispose of an active ingredient, in the future you will have to go through a real assessment procedure. It won't take longer than before but it will be much more intense when it comes to the checking of the product and therefore the patient safety will be much higher."
6. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF MARTINE VAN HECKE LOOKING AT X-RAYS OF A PATIENT WHO HAD A HIP IMPLANT SURGERY AND DEVELOPED A TUMOR
7. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF MARTINE VAN HECKE READING AN ARTICLE EDITED BY TEST-ACHAT CONCERNING THE HIP IMPLANT SCANDAL
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (APRIL 2, 2014) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
8. CUTAWAY: THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN BRUSSELS (EXTERIOR)
9. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTE ON MEDICAL DEVICES
10. DAGMAR ROTH-BEHRENDT (S&D MEP, DE) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"I wanted to make sure that high-risk products have to undergo a better check than today."
11. CUTAWAY: DAGMAR ROTH-BEHRENDT TYPING ON HER CELL PHONE
12. DAGMAR ROTH-BEHRENDT (S&D MEP, DE) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"The main objective is naturally patient safety. The absolute objective is that we have safe products on the market and then the other objective is to have competitive industry in the European union to ensure good employment for workers."
13. CUTAWAY: CLOSE-UP ON DAGMAR ROTH-BEHRENDT'S EYES
14. DAGMAR ROTH-BEHRENDT (S&D MEP, DE) SAYING (ENGLISH):
"It is a compromise that is acceptable but not as good as it could be. The industry makes lobby on the back of patients and doctors working in hospitals and that is disgraceful and we have to underline that."
15. CUTAWAY: VOTE ON MEDICAL DEVICES
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.