1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTE ON BACKLOADING IN THE HEMICYCLE
3. MATTHIAS GROOTE (S&D MEP, DE) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"I am really glad that my colleagues in the plenary voted in favour of the final backloading proposal we negotiated with the Council. And it is a good day for the European climate policy, it is a good day for the industry because now there is a clarification about what will come in the following weeks and months."
4. CUTAWAY: MATTHIAS GROOTE BEING INTERVIEWED BY A GERMAN JOURNALIST
5. MATTHIAS GROOTE (S&D MEP, DE) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"We need backloading because backloading is the first step to maintain the emission trading system. There are too many certificates on the market and we are changing the timetable for the auctioning so we will deliver the certificates to the market later because now there is a surplus of them. And we will use this timeframe to maintain it completely"
6. CUTAWAY: CLOSE-UP ON MATTHIAS GROOTE
7. MATTHIAS GROOTE (S&D MEP, DE) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"We need time to really discuss in detail what we want to do with the core of the climate policy in the European Union, the Emission Trading system. And this is the reason why we need backloading as a first step, to buy the necessary time for the discussions."
8. CUTAWAY: MATTHIAS GROOTE TALKING TO HER ASSISTANT
GROßKROTZENBURG, GERMANY (OCTOBER 17, 2013) (EUROPEAN PARIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF CHIMNEYS OF THE COAL-FIRED POWER PLANT IN GERMANY
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF A BULLDOZER TAKING COAL
3. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF A TECHNICIAN OPENING A BOILER
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.