JORDAN (APRIL 24, 2013) (EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
5. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF SYRIAN REFUGEES IN REFUGEE CAMPS IN JORDAN
FRANCE, STRASBOURG (SEPTEMBER 11, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE DEBATE ON SYRIA IN THE HEMICYCLE
3. CATHERINE ASHTON (VICE-PRESIDENT OF THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"We have to reaffirm our commitment to the people of Syria, to support them in every way possible through our humanitarian aid, to support them in a political process that can try to bring peace, to do that by being prepared to work out on the ground how that can happen, place by place, as well as across the whole Nation, being able and willing to support the moves to get rid of the chemical weapons and being prepared to work with our international partners."
4. CUTAWAY: CATHERINE ASHTON BEING PHOTOGRAPHED BY PHOTOGRAPHERS
5. HANNES SWOBODA (S&D PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
The international community must react to prevent another action and use of chemical weapons, that is our right and our obligation. Syria has to sign the Chemical Weapons Convention now. Syria has to hand over all the chemical weapons. And I say all of them. They have to be destroyed under UN Control.
6. CUTAWAY: HANNES SWOBODA LISTENING TO THE DEBATE
7. HANNES SWOBODA (S&D PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"We need the Geneva conference planned since a long time already to establish a sincere dialogue and we have to challenge Russia, Syria, Iran and others to also come forward with some offers for peace and a political solution."
7. CUTAWAY: HANNES SWOBODA TALKING TO VERONIQUE DE KEYSER AT THE DEBATE
6. VERONIQUE DE KEYSER (S&D MEP, BE) SAYING (FRENCH SPEECH) DURING THE DEBATE:
"One word about refugees. They are the third drama of Syria. We have already said that the bordering countries were going to explode if these migrations continued so please, ensure that Europe opens its arms. In the resolution we haven't achieved to have a common European position on this matter."
7. CUTAWAY: VERONIQUE DE KEYSER TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
8. VERONIQUE DE KEYSER (S&D MEP, BE) SAYING (FRENCH SPEECH):
"We have to remember that for the moment there are 2 millions Syrian refugees in bordering countries, 4 millions of internally displaced persons in Syria, one million out of four in Lebanon, it is terrifying! We don't have 40 per cent of the financing that we need to survive the winter. So we definitely need to focus on humanitarian aid and ask the Member States to keep financing it. It is vital."
9. CUTAWAY: CLOSE-UP ON VERONIQUE DE KEYSER'S EYES
FRANCE, STRASBOURG (SEPTEMBER 12, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
10. CUTAWAYS: VARIOUS OF THE VOTE ON SYRIA
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.