FRANCE, STRASBOURG (MAY 21, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG (EXTERIOR)
2. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE DEBATE IN THE HEMICYCLE ON TAX EVASION AND TAX FRAUD
3. HANNES SWOBODA (S&D PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"As the Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher once said: 'We want our money back'. Well I will use her sentence in a difference sense: we want our money back, the one which is in the tax oasis Mr Farage and Mr Cameron. This is where this money is! Because it is unacceptable that one thousand billion euros, every year - and that means 2000 euros per citizen - is not invested in Europe but is going to tax heavens and tax evasion.'
4. CUTAWAY: HANNES SWOBODA TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
5. HANNES SWOBODA (S&D PRESIDENT) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"I think it is absolutely important that we invest in growth and to create jobs, especially to fight for youth and against unemployment. The budget foreseen is 6 billions, which is peanuts compared to the enormous unemployment for the young people. There is enough possibility to invest the money, for example creating new jobs, especially for young people. And the second issue would be the transition of our energy system into a system of sustainable and renewable energy. A lot of investment, private and public into the energy infrastructure is needed. "
6. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF THE VOTE IN THE PLENARY ON TAX EVASION AND TAX FRAUD
7. CUTAWAY: MOJCA KLEVA TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
8. MOJCA KLEVA (S&D MEP, SI) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"I am really happy that during the debate, that number, which was an S&D number, was repeated by all the political groups so it was a really big consensus on how big this problem is for Europe and its citizens."
9. CUTAWAY: MOJCA KLEVA TALKING TO A JOURNALIST
10. MOJCA KLEVA (S&D MEP, SI) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"This country-by-country report is one of the main conclusions of the report. The next one is to revoke the banking license to financial institutions and advisors that are helping their clientele to avoid taxes. This is as well a very important initiative. And the third one is really about banking secrecy, about transparency of exchanges of information between Member States. "
11. CUTAWAY: CLOSE-UP ON MOJCA KLEVA AS SHE TALKS TO A JOURNALIST
12. MOJCA KLEVA (S&D MEP, SI) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"What we are saying, and the European Parliament is much more progressive than the European Commission on this, is that there aren't only tax heavens outside the European Union on small islands somewhere in the middle of the ocean, there are also tax heavens in the European Union. And this is, I think, a very big step forward that the European Parliament did lately and I am really suggesting creating a European blacklist of tax heavens."
PLACE UNKNOWN (26 JULY 2012) (EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL – ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAYS: VARIOUS OF EURO COINS AND BILLS PRODUCTION
2. CUTAWAYS: VARIOUS OF ONLIONE RESEARCH ABOUT TAX EVASION CASES IN GREECE
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND (16 SEPTEMBER, 2009) (EUROPEAN PARIAMENT AUDIOVISUAL - ACCESS ALL)
1. CUTAWAY: BANK OF SWITZERLAND (CREDIT SUISSE)
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.