1. CUTAWAY: VARIOUS OF WORKERS DEMONSTRATING IN STRASBOURG AGAINST SOCIAL DUMPING (EXTERIOR)
2. SAM HÄGGLUND (EFBWW, SECRETARY GENERAL) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"We are here because we are worried about the development in the Parliament of the so-called enforcement directive. This directive is about to protect working conditions when workers are working across borders.
3. CUTAWAY: TRADE UNIONS FLAGS (EXTERIOR)
4. SAM HÄGGLUND (EFBWW, SECRETARY GENERAL) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"We see that there is a bad development about that directive and it could be hinder or even made an obstacle for trade unions, member states to check and control working conditions".
5. CUTAWAY: WORKERS GATHERING IN FRONT OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT IN STRASBOURG
6. CUTAWAY: ALEJANDRO CERCAS (S&D MEP, SPAIN) TALKING TO WORKERS
7. ALEJANDRO CERCAS (S&D MEP, SPAIN) SAYING (FRENCH SPEECH):
"This directive has to give confidence to workers and it has to show that Europe protects them instead of destroying social rights "
BRUSSELS, BELGIUM (JUNE 20, 2013) (SOCIALISTS AND DEMOCRATS, EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT - ACCESS ALL)
8. CUTAWAY: EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT, BRUSSELS (EXTERIOR)
9. CUTAWAY: ENTRANCE OF THE COMMITTEE ON EMPLOYMENT AND SOCIAL AFFAIRS (INTERIOR)
10. CUTAWAY: STEPHEN HUGHES PARTICIPATING TO THE VOTING SESSION (INTERIOR)
11. STEPHEN HUGHES (EP RAPPORTEUR ON POSTED WORKERS ANS S&D MEP, UK) SAYING (ENGLISH SPEECH):
"We had to vote against this report. Defending trade unions rights, as their rights to organize and to collectively represent workers, was very important, particularly for the Nordic countries. We lost that. Incredibly, the Greens voted that down, along with the right-wing groups in the European Parliament.
The other point we lost on was very important to us: it is the section of the directive which is supposed to prevent the abuse and avoidance of the directive, we lost very important provisions there. That means that the door to abuse and avoidance of the directive is still wild open to unscrupulous employers and that also means that vulnerable posted workers will continue to be exploited within the European Union".
12. CUTAWAY: STEPHEN HUGHES TALKING WITH A COLLABORATOR AFTER THE VOTE SESSION.
This media asset is free for editorial broadcast, print, online and radio use. It is restricted for use for other purposes.