SOURCE: Goodyear Dunlop
Real-time tire monitoring key for transport of dangerous goods
Goodyear Proactive Solutions wins new flagship customer HOYER Mineralöl-Logistik based in Germany
HOYER Mineralöl-Logistik GmbH, part of the international logistics giant HOYER Group has chosen Goodyear Proactive Solutions to track the tire condition of it’s dangerous goods transport fleet in real time.
Goodyear Proactive Solutions provides a one stop solution to Hoyer including an advanced fleet management monitoring system, premium tires and a full-service network across Europe. The system supports important fleets like Hoyer in the digital transformation of the fleet with the help of a real-time fleet monitoring dashboard, including:
- continuous collection and analysis of vehicle data to anticipate at-risk situations
- alert system to prevent hazardous situations and vehicle immobilization
- proactive maintenance guidance
"Obviously, we meet stringent regulations when transporting dangerous goods such as fuel. Right here, at the core of our transport services, the new digital solution from Goodyear offers an important added value since road safety is our top priority." says Tim Exner, Fleet Manager and Contract Manager at HOYER Mineralöl-Logistik GmbH.
Hoyer has already equipped 175 trailers with the innovative tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) of Goodyear directly mounted on the trailer tire rims. The sensors collect key tire data being analyzed by smart and unique algorithms so the need for proactive maintenance can be detected for example in the event of creeping air pressure. The real-time fleet monitoring dashboard supports the fleet manager to reduce the total cost of ownership, increase the efficiency of the fleet and enhance on time delivery.
Based on third-party fleet tests across Europe, Goodyear Proactive Solutions can count on a strong proof record:
- 75% fewer breakdowns on average* by constant monitoring of tire temperature,
- 476 liters fuel saved per truck, per year on average* by permanent tire pressure control,
- decrease tire maintenance costs by up to 70% on average* facilitating maximum longevity and mileage.
* Based on tests on a fleet of 120 vehicles carried out between 2015 and 2016. This result requires the vehicle being regularly checked by the system and proactive maintenance performed using alerts and reports. Actual results may vary depending on conditions such as driving habits, truck usage, driving and road conditions, asphalt conditions and tire maintenance.
About HOYER Group
Since 1946, HOYER has been a traditional, independent family business and one of the leading bulk logistics companies in the world. As a specialist, it has a comprehensive know-how in complex services and a special proximity to the customer. In European and global bulk logistics, comprehensive solutions are developed and implemented, especially for the chemical, food, gas and mineral oil sectors. Approximately 6.100 employees in over 115 countries support customers in their respective markets with well thought-out logistics solutions. HOYER has about 2.400 tractors, 2.900 tank trailers, 27.200 intermediate bulk containers, 37.200 tank containers and numerous logistics facilities with depots, cleaning plants and workshops.
About Goodyear Proactive Solutions
Goodyear Proactive Solutions has been successfully designed and developed in partnership with commercial fleet operators over the last two years to address evolving needs and challenges of modern transport. It offers industry-leading fleet management solutions, including two families of services to enable smart, safe and sustainable mobility:
- Proactive Tyre offers a broad range of services including tire pressure, temperature and tread depth monitoring.
These connected and fully automated solutions enable fleets to maximize tire performance and schedule proactive maintenance.
- Proactive Fleet includes two options: Driver Behavior and Track & Trace, which help fleets to reduce fuel consumption and journey times while increasing safety.
Goodyear Proactive Solutions combines the latest digital technologies and data services with Goodyear’s existing fleet support systems and TruckForce service network, which serve the largest pool of commercial vehicles in Europe (more than 350.000 registered vehicles) through over 2.000 service partners across the continent. The system is fully compatible with all commercial truck tires and available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Further additions to the portfolio of applications are in development.