SOURCE: The NewsMarket
Awaken Your Taste Buds for National Nutrition Month
Spring is almost here which means it's time for new beginnings! Many people want to improve their eating habits, but are not sure where to start. From going ultra-organic to the Dinosaur Diet, the options are endless, but what really works? Sylvia Meléndez-Klinger, chef and registered dietitian, gives viewers the tips they need to get started on the path to balanced and healthy eating.
Sylvia talks about:
• Mindful Eating – Pay attention to what you eat by eliminating distractions
• Portion Control – No need to cut out your favorite chips, just eat smaller portions
• Keep the Scale Steady: Low- and no-calorie beverages are effective to help cut calories, control hunger and maintain body weight.
• Substitute – Swap that chocolate cake for something sweet like fruit
• Protein Packed Meals – Help build up strength for exercise
• Stay Hydrated – Thirst is often mistaken for hunger—the reason it is important to stay well hydrated throughout the day.