Voting opens for the UEFA.com users' Team of the Year 2014
In all, 40 players have been chosen by UEFA.com staff writers on the basis of their performances for a European club or national side in 2014. UEFA.com users will have until 13.00CET on 6 January to cast their vote, with the final lineup to be announced on 9 January on UEFA.com, and included in the January edition of Champions Matchday, the official UEFA Champions League magazine.
• This is the 14th Team of the Year: more than 6.3 million votes were cast last time out the 2014 UEFA Champions League final.
• Users can pick their formation from four goalkeepers, 12 defenders, 12 midfielders and 12 forwards.
• Twelve players involved in the 2014 UEFA Champions League final are in contention.
• Fourteen clubs appear on the list from seven different leagues, with 19 nationalities represented.
• UEFA will once again set aside €100,000 for a player voted into the team to present to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC).
In the videos, 2013 team members Manuel Neuer, Philipp Lahm and Mesut Özil explain what it has meant to be in the final team.