TheNewsMarket, part of DMA Media Group, is a content marketing agency employing 160 staff over three continents. We help brands tell their story by blending the best of journalism, corporate communications, marketing, and interactive technology to connect with audiences across television, radio, online, and social channels. We launched www.thenewsmarket.com in 2000. This content hub, brings newsmakers and the media together via a single Web-based platform. In addition to www.thenewsmarket.com, we build, manage and host online newsrooms of large global organisations like PWC, Intel, Kia, GM, Lamborghini, Samsung, Novartis, Adidas, Puma and many others. We also produce content, specialising in live events and story-telling.
About the Role
We are seeking a Business Analyst for our India office at Ahmedabad, Gujarat location. The BA reports to the Programme Director, India Operations. S/he takes complete ownership for applications and products, developing technical solutions to business problems, or to advance a company’s sales efforts, begins with defining, analyzing and documenting requirements. It is desirable to have experience in working with offshore outsourcing.
- Manage & understand the Business Pipeline and understand the Business pipeline for managing and carrying out daily tasks.
- In IT Industry Product Development requires conceptualization, requirement gathering, designing of the product, develop modules as finalized by the Analyst, conduct testing, and deploy project after successful test.
- Strong background in creating functional requirements and functional specifications at the level necessary to extend or customize existing products and to build new solutions.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of general networking technologies, database, and applications development concepts.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Windows‐based applications and internet usage.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Must be able to work independently in a time critical environment and as part of a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Must be flexible to quickly adapt to changing business needs and processes.
- To perform following roles in the phases of product development-
- Gather requirements- by communicating with client and performing research BA will gather requirements.
- Verify the feasibility of the product- to check project feasibility whether components to be used are available, needs extra purchase, have manageable resources and have dedicated team to allocate new requirements.
- Designs wireframes – wireframes are designed by the BA, which is the information hierarchy of the design to be developed. Using this prototype and mockups project projects/ product to be designed.
- Prepares SOW and other business documents- Business documents are created as per the requirements, available teams and project deadlines. As per the functional and non-functional requirements listed by the Analyst, development is initiated. On the basis of prepared documents development to be done.
- So, role of Business Analyst is the key of everything. In a word ‘an essential bridge between Client and Developing teams, while continuously assisting both sides.
- Other projects/research activity as assigned.
- 4 – 7+ years exp. in handling BA related activities for product company/ service company
- Must have handled clients independently
- Should have knowledge of Agile.
- Having degree in a related discipline computer science, MIS, or a related subject area (will be open to other educational backgrounds depending on skill-set/experience)
- Detail analytical abilities
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working culture
- Willing to question if something does not seem correct
- Strong experience in user testing and project management.
- Having prior experience working in offshore-onsite combinations
- The ideal candidate should display high attention to detail, be very methodical and be willing to “do whatever it takes” to get things done
- Experience using Jira/Confluence, Invision/Azure, Balsmiq/Lucidchart or similar types of tools is a must.
- Role of analyst will be to primarily communicate the clients and user’s needs and requirements to the developers; AND, to communicate developer’s systems, plans, progress, and status, to the clients and stakeholders.
- Use business and systems analysis as a tool to win client’s confidence and assist sales and customer service managers to build strong client relationships.
- Develop strong client relationship by first establishing clear and realistic expectations of deliverables; followed by creating a strong communication link between development teams and client, while continuously assisting both sides.
- Proactively help developers to convey the progress to clients, while continuously keeping development team focused on client’s expectations and meeting client’s business objectives.
- Develop strong interpersonal relationship with not only development personnel but also sales and marketing, while assisting during pre-sales, systems development, and finally creating success stories in form of case studies.
Please send your CV and cover letter to HR@thenewsmarket.com with “Business Analyst” in the subject heading.