Are you a skilled media relations professional with an enviable black book of media contacts who can achieve international coverage for high-profile clients? Do you speak different languages? If so, you could play an important role at our pioneering broadcast and online news distribution service – we’re looking for freelancer to join our Media Relations team in London.
TheNewsMarket, part of DMA Media Group, is a content marketing agency employing 160 staff over three continents. We help brands tell their story by blending the best of journalism, corporate communications, marketing, and interactive technology to connect with audiences across television, radio, online, and social channels. We launched thenewsmarket.com in 2000. This content hub brings news-makers and the media together via a single Web-based platform. The platform was the first of its kind and remains the biggest around with more than 36,000 media outlets subscribing across the globe. In addition to www.thenewsmarket.com , we provide online newsrooms for clients, called yournewsmarket. We produce video content, specializing in live events and story-telling.
About the role
You will help our global Media Relations team in London with:
- Media outreach: getting in touch with media and engage with them
- Pitch stories and free content to journalists
- Track and analyse coverage and compile constructive media feedback for our clients
- You are an experienced media relations person with expert knowledge of the media industry and a considerable amount of media contacts
- You are used to handle high-profile international stories and dealing with the media on a daily basis
- You have excellent communication skills including the ability to build relationships, engage with media and handle a wide range of contacts
- You are used to handling sensitive information
- You speak languages – preferred: French, Chinese