TheNewsMarket helps Smart Brands Share Stories.
TheNewsMarket is part of DMA Media Group, a content marketing agency employing 160 staff over three continents. We help brands tell their story by blending the best of journalism, corporate communications, marketing, and interactive technology to connect with audiences across television, radio, online, and social channels. We launched www.thenewsmarket.com in 2000. This content hub brings newsmakers and the media together via a single web-based platform. In addition to www.thenewsmarket.com, we build, manage and host online newsrooms of large global organizations like PWC, adidas, Kia, IKEA, Lamborghini, Lufthansa, FILA, Wynn. We also produce content, specializing in live events and story-telling.
About the Role
The Product Manager is the champion of and expert in specific DMA products, understanding requirements (including business goals), managing their specifications and roadmaps, prioritizing feature development, coordinating with the scrum master to get the features in the sprint/release, analyzing their performance against competing products, directly supporting the sales process and training/supporting all users in getting the best from them.
- Acts as the first point of contact – the expert – for all information relating to the functionality (current & future) and purpose of the specific products allocated to this role
- Determines and manages the backlog of product requirements through continuous engagement with key business and technology teams
- Ensures effective understanding and collaboration on all product matters across all areas of the business
- Works closely with the design, development and support teams to ensure everyone has a clear and consistent understanding of product requirements and the product roadmap
- Directly supports client relationships, sometimes acting as key point of client contact during major product customizations or deployments
- Continuously assesses opportunities against requirements to improve the product through design, innovation and/or integration
- Assesses market competition by comparing products to competitors’ products and generic functional or feature standards
- Develops materials to assist in product sales within specified regions
- Works alongside sales and other business teams to ensure client understanding and interest in the products
- Works closely with the scrum master and the team to plan out the releases/sprints for each product updates
- Works with the CPO and business to develop product pricing and sales strategies
- Assesses product performance and marketing data, produces product performance reports (including ROI) and presents this information to help inform product strategy
- Identifies opportunities for new products, creates business cases for and presents these for business consideration, defining MVP’s that support customer value and business needs
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending exhibitions, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, etc
- Trains product users (client & business) and supports testing as required
- Expert in the full product cycle with significant experience overseeing product specification, design & development
- Experience in being a part of agile team and coordinating with the scrum master and the team to ensure the updates are delivered as per the plan.
- Experience in building and managing product roadmaps
- Experience managing client relationships
- Experience collaborating across the business, including with technology / development teams, UI/UX design, sales and strategy
- Experience presenting and creating product information materials
- Proactive, well-organized, good communicator, self-motivated, team player, energetic
- 6-8+ years of overall IT experience with 4+ years of experience managing products or having performed the role of a pure product manager/product owner
- Experience in creating high level functional requirements
- Experience in working with agile teams and managing the releases and planning with the scrum master and agile teams
- Experience in various scrum ceremonies like Big Room Planning, Sprint planning, Daily stand up’s, Retrospective, etc is a must
- Creating wireframes using Balsamic or any other tool will be considered as an advantage
- Experience using Jira/Confluence is a must
- Should display high attention to detail, be deadline oriented, and posses excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple projects at once
- Ability to proactively track progress of all project team members and keep everyone focused on the tasks at hand
- http://about.thenewsmarket.com | Learn more about TheNewsMarket
- www.thenewsmarket.com | Our content hub
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Product Manager” in the subject heading.