Broadcast starts at 12:50pm CET from the National Library in Stockholm, Sweden, with a speech by Alice Bah Kuhnke, Swedish Minister for Culture and Democracy. At 13:00 CET, Jury Chairman Boel Westin announces this year’s laureate(s).
The Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award (ALMA) is the world's largest award for children's and young adult literature. The prize, which amounts to EUR 570 000, is awarded annually to a single recipient or to several. Previous laureates include Philip Pullman (2005), Kitty Crowther (2010), Barbro Lindgren (2014), and Maurice Sendak (2003). Last year’s laureate was the American author Meg Rosoff.
Live broadcast for news outlets
We are able to offer media outlets the opportunity to broadcast the event live on their webpage via an embed code. If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or +44 (0) 20 7612 3991 and we will send you the embed codes.
Footage and images
Content, along with press releases, will be available on www.thenewsmarket.com
on April 4th
from 14:00 CEST onwards and throughout the day:
- Audio recording of the phone call to the laureate
- Broadcast-quality b-roll of the announcement
- Soundbites / interviews with the Jury Chairman and the 2017 laureate
- High-resolution still images of the event
- In addition: images and video from theBologna Children’s Book Fair where the announcement will be broadcasted live
For media interviews
To enquire about media interviews, please contact Mariella Kucer, ALMA Communications Officer at email@example.com
or +46 8 519 264 17 / +46 76 540 10 17.