The seven assistants we can no longer live without
- They’re able to anticipate drivers’ reactions, make decisions such as brake and accelerate, or even park the car themselves
- The driver receives visual alerts to make a lane change or limit their speed
- These systems make for increasingly safe and comfortable driving and are the first step towards autonomous cars
2. Less stressful traffic jams: Braking, accelerating and braking again. Nothing is more tiresome than driving in heavy traffic typical of large cities. “The Traffic Jam Assist performs these functions so the driver can relax”, adds the expert. It can switch gears automatically, regulate speed and maintain the correct safety distance in every situation.
5. No more blind spots: There is no more fear of making a lane change thanks to a visual warning located on the door mirror that alerts the driver of a vehicle approaching outside their field of vision. The Blind Spot Detection works with two radars that monitor traffic at the rear and ensure safer driving.
6. A more comfortable trip: The Adaptive Cruise Control enables you to set a constant driving speed and takes care of accelerating and slowing down depending on traffic conditions, and will automatically brake the car if necessary, with no driver intervention. “It’s especially useful to activate it on long trips, with heavy or fluid traffic. When making a long distance trip, drivers come to appreciate not having to keep their foot on the accelerator”, recommends the expert.
The development of these kinds of assists aims to contribute to lowering the number of road accidents. “It’s getting more and more safe and comfortable to drive thanks to the advanced technology our cars are equipped with. These days, driver assist systems are our best driving companions, and the prelude to autonomous driving”, concludes Marc Seguer.
Press Release Download