Mesquite Boasts Fall Lineup of Exciting Sporting and Outdoor Events
- Tri-State Gran Fondo (Sept. 28)
The only Gran Fondo where riders can bike in three states, Nevada, Arizona and Utah, during one full day of incredible cycling. The long-distance road cycling ride begins at 6:30 a.m. at Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort with two routes: the Ultimate Gran Fondo (112 miles) and Gran Fondo (54 miles), looping through Utah and Arizona and ending back in Mesquite.
- Holiday-themed Golf Tournaments
Mesquite is a major golf destination nestled in the Virgin Mountain foothills. It includes eight different golf courses of various skill levels, each offering a unique playing experience. For those looking for a more festive reason to reserve a tee time, Mesquite visitors and locals alike can register for three holiday-themed golf tournaments throughout the rest of the year at Palms Golf Club. For Halloween, join the Spook-tacular Golf Tournament on Oct. 27.; give thanks on Nov. 17 and enter the Thanksgiving-themed Gobbler Classic Golf Tournament; or show some Christmas spirit at the Swing with Santa Golf Tournament on Dec. 22.
- Nevada Open Golf Tournament (Nov. 5-7)
With over 40 years of championship history, the Nevada Open is one of the most respected and anticipated golf tournaments in Nevada. The event now includes a Pro-Am the day prior to the official tournament competition with a round of golf at Palms Golf Club, lunch and a special prize purse for Amateur and Pros. The official competition is scheduled to be played at CasaBlanca Golf Club and Palms Golf Club with free spectator viewing.
- Eureka Uncorked (Nov.2)
Enjoy great wine and great people at Eureka Casino Resort’s Uncorked event this November. Tickets are available for $40 with proceeds benefiting local Veterans organizations. Each ticket includes hors d'oeuvres, a souvenir wine glass and wine opener. The event will take place in Eureka’s Grand Canyon Room and will begin at 6 p.m.
- Dance Fever Weekend presented by Dance Fuzion (Sept. 20-21)
In its inaugural year, Dance Fuzion presents Dance Fever Weekend invites guests ages 10 and up to join for a weekend dance convention with unlimited classes teaching hip hop, jazz, funk, contemporary, freestyling and more. Attendees will learn from some of the best dance instructors including EMMY Award-winning choreographer Bonnie Story and Shane Sparks, featured choreographers on shows including “So You Think You Can Dance” and “America's Best Dance Crew,” among others. The event will take place at Rising Star Sports Ranch Resort beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday through 7 p.m. on Saturday.
- Mesquite Super Run (Sept. 20-22)
This three-day, jam-packed weekend features the most popular vintage cars, new cars, custom automobiles and beloved classics at CasaBlanca Hotel-Casino-Golf-Spa. There will be $15,000 in cash/drawings awarded to car show participants. In addition to the car show, there will be spectator-friendly activities including Slow Drags, Burn Out Competition, Extreme Automotive Flames Exhibition and the Roaring Engines Competition.
- Camel Safari: Experiencing the desert in a completely new and unique way, Camel Safari invites guests to ride their very own camel for a one-hour tour of the desert and the farm where they live. The facility also features a number of other exotic animals that visitors can learn more about. Guests can also beat the heat by going to the Camel Safari Cookout on Saturdays to enjoy the desert at night with delicious food.
- Go Off-Roading: Take a ride through Mesquite and the surrounding areas on a guided off-road vehicle with Adventure Time Tours. The attraction offers special guided tours through the desert for two hours, half day, one day and more. Guests can also rent vehicles to explore the surrounding areas on their own.
- Mesquite’s Sports and Events Complex: This facility has five full-size soccer fields, all of which are lit and can be used for a variety of sporting activities. Other amenities include a concession stand, three pavilions, a playground, a small splash pad, a large vendor booth area with power and water to each site, and a large parking lot. Aside from hosting large-scale events, guests can participate in various activities, including soccer and football games, archery events, golf club demo days, and various outdoor recreation.
- Skydive Mesquite: A member of the United States Parachute Association, Skydive Mesquite offers the largest full-service drop zone in Nevada. Whether it’s a thrill seeker’s first jump or 1,000th, the team at Skydive Mesquite is prepared to help visitors jump over the picturesque Nevada desert.