Embargoed to 10:45 (BST), 28 September 2016
The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), in conjunction with the government's GREAT Britain campaign, will demonstrate the strength, diversity and global appeal of the UK automotive industry during a unique event at the Eiffel Tower, Paris.
Scheduled to take place on 28 September 2016, the day before the opening of the Paris Motor Show, the event will celebrate UK car manufacturing as a global player, highlighting the importance of exports to this vital UK industry.
Mark Garnier MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for International Trade will stand alongside eight of the most exciting British-built cars to promote the global appeal of UK automotive exports.
Executives from the UK automotive industry will also be present.
Video footage and high-res photography will be available to download straight after the event on Wednesday 28th September including:
1) A video package including b-roll of the event from 14:00 BST / 15:00 CEST. Highlights include:
- Sound bites from key speeches including Mike Hawes, SMMT CEO; and Mark Garnier, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for International Trade
- Shots of the 8 cars on stage in iconic Paris location
- Shots of VIPs, including motor industry executives
2) High-res photography from 11:00 BST / 12:00 midday CEST