- Kia to unveil new in-car tech for the future ‘emotive driving’ era at CES 2019
- R.E.A.D. System is the automotive industry’s first technology converging human senses-oriented in-cabin environment control and AI-based emotional intelligence
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Confirmed Covid-19 fatalities rise above 100,000 in the U.S. - Johns Hopkins University
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Kia Motors continues to donate personal protective equipment to U.S. hospitals and medical facilities
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "We will continue to expand our offer step by step in the coming months and connect Europe with each other." Lufthansa
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
CES 2019: Kia prepares for post-autonomous driving era with AI-based real-time emotion recognition technology
Release Date: 20 December 2018
Kia Motors will preview a range of new technologies developed for the post-autonomous driving era at the 2019 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) next month.
Kia’s interactive ‘Space of Emotive Driving’ exhibit looks to a future when autonomous driving is the norm and priority is given to improving the human mobility experience. Central to this concept is Kia’s new Real-time Emotion Adaptive Driving (R.E.A.D.) System – a world’s first technology developed based on a joint research collaboration with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Media Lab's Affective Computing group.
R.E.A.D. System can optimize and personalize a vehicle cabin space by analyzing a driver’s emotional state in real-time through artificial intelligence-based bio-signal recognition technology. The technology monitors a driver’s emotional state and tailors the interior environment according to its assessment – potentially altering conditions relating to the human senses within the cabin, creating a more joyful mobility experience.
Mr. Albert Biermann, President and Head of Research & Development Division of Kia Motors, said, “We have developed R.E.A.D. System to create an interactive future mobility in-cabin space by converging cutting edge vehicle control technology and AI-based emotional intelligence. Consequently, R.E.A.D. System will enable continuous communication between drivers and vehicles through the unspoken language of ‘emotional feeling’, thereby providing an optimized human senses-oriented space for drivers in real-time.”
27 May 2020
27 May 2020
25 May 2020