- The sporty brand takes over from SEAT, which until now sponsored the Italian team in the premier class of the World Championship
- Andrea Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo join the CUPRA team as ambassadors and collaborators of the brand for 2018
- The sponsorship will be shown this weekend during the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuito de Jerez
- CUPRA reinforces its mission to giving a new vision to sportiness and racing
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Confirmed U.S. cases of Covid-19 rise above 3 million
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "We are confident of a recovery, at least partially, during the second half of 2020.” - SEAT President
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "Flare-ups are to be expected as countries start to lift restrictions." - WHO DG
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
CUPRA, new sponsor of Ducati at the MotoGP World Championship
Release Date: 04 May 2018
Passion for competition racing
Martorell, 04-05-2018. – The CUPRA universe keeps growing. The sporty new brand has just become a new sponsor of the Ducati Team in at the MotoGP World Championship. With this move, CUPRA takes over from SEAT, which until now was one of the Italian team’s sponsors. The Ducati Team in MotoGP consists of three-time world champion Jorge Lorenzo from Spain and Italy’s Andrea Dovizioso, who is currently leading the MotoGP standings.
The partnership between both companies provides for collaborating on joint actions during the year, as well as displaying the CUPRA logo on the front of the Italian manufacturer’s motorcycle as well as on the riders’ racing leathers and on the uniforms of the team members. Moreover, both Ducati Team riders, Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso, are also ambassadors of the Spanish brand and enjoy getting around at the wheel of their Leon CUPRA.
CUPRA director of Strategy, Business Development and Operations Antonino Labate pointed out that “we are very excited to be a part of this team which shares our passion for competition. The CUPRA spirit and vision are going to permeate the MotoGP World Championship in collaboration with Ducati, a brand we share values with such as design, passion, nonconformity and a clear commitment to innovation and technology”.
Paolo Ciabatti, Ducati Corse Sporting Director, underlined: “It gives us great pleasure to continue our collaboration with the Spanish car manufacturer for a second successive year, this time under a new sporting guise of CUPRA. Both of our Ducati Team riders, Andrea Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo, will continue to give enhanced visibility to this innovative sporting partnership in their role as CUPRA brand ambassadors and collaborators both on and off the track”.
This year’s MotoGP World Championship kicked off under the night sky in Qatar on 18 March, and is scheduled to end in Valencia on 18 November. The current calendar features a total of 19 races, which is one more than last year with the addition of the Thailand GP in Buriram. The Grands Prix are being held in 15 different countries on five continents with a global audience of over 2 million spectators at tracks all around the world.
07 Jul 2020