- The new brand debuts as a sponsor at the MotorLand circuit in Aragon
- This year the Leon CUPRA is once again the safety car at the production bike world championship
- Precision and sportiness, values that CUPRA shares with WorldSBK
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Confirmed Covid-19 cases rise above six million worldwide - Johns Hopkins University
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Kia Motors introduces a range of measures to create a safe working environment for employees worldwide
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Lufthansa Group to significantly expand its services from the second half of June
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
CUPRA, sponsor of the World Superbike Championship
Release Date: 20 April 2018
During this season
Martorell, 20/04/2018.- CUPRA made its debut as sponsor of the Superbike World Championship at the MotorLand Aragon circuit, which was held last weekend. The new brand was featured on the Pirelli Aragon Round, which is furnishing the SEAT Leon CUPRA as the official safety car during the production bike racing world championship.
The SEAT Leon CUPRA will be on the track during the warm-up lap prior to each race in all categories. With its 300 hp and 0 to 100 km/h acceleration in 4.9 seconds, this model delivers the necessary performance to ensure that safety is maintained at the 13 championship events.
According to CUPRA director of Strategy, Business Development and Operations Antonino Labate, with this partnership the recently created Spanish brand stays “true to one of its pillars, which is its competitive spirit”. CUPRA’s aim is to captivate racing enthusiasts, such as fans of Superbike, which shares its values of precision and sportiness.”
The sponsorship agreement with Dorna Sports also includes CUPRA signage on the podium and billboards at the circuits where the championship is being held. “We welcome CUPRA to the Superbike World Championship”, says WorldSBK Commercial and Marketing Director Marc Saurina. “The CUPRA values are a perfect match for our championship, where a great fan experience is an essential part of our identity.”
Following the third championship race at MotorLand Aragon, there are still 10 more Superbike World Championship events on this season’s calendar, which will take the SEAT Leon CUPRA to 11 countries on three continents as the official safety car.
02 Jun 2020
02 Jun 2020
02 Jun 2020