Open Enrollment is here and we want people to know that if you haven't gotten covered yet, now is the time to do it. You can now sign up for affordable, quality health coverage at HealthCare.gov.
News Package includes:
Local soundbites from HealthCare.gov CEO Kevin Counihan discussing important information for consumers, including the steps you need to take to enroll in coverage, tips for choosing the best plan, and how to find free enrollment help.
Footage of people signing up online and on their mobile device.
5 Facts for Consumers About Open Enrollment at HealthCare.gov
1. Sign up by December 15.You must sign up by the December 15, 2016, deadline for coverage starting on January 1, 2017.
2. Coverage is affordable. No matter where you live, most HealthCare.gov consumers will be able to select a plan for less than $75 per month thanks to financial assistance. More than 8 in 10 people who enroll in health coverage through HealthCare.gov qualify for financial assistance to help make coverage affordable.
3. Shopping for a better deal could save you money. Make sure to review your options by visiting HealthCare.gov. If you had coverage through HealthCare.gov for 2016, you should come back to update your information and compare your options for 2017. Returning Marketplace consumers can save an average of about $650 per year by shopping for a lower-priced plan within their current metal level.
4. It's easier than ever to find a plan that meets your needs and budget. This year, when consumers come to Healthcare.gov, shoppers will find a streamlined, user-friendly process. Comparing plans online or on mobile will be an intuitive, step-by-step process to click or swipe through. Simple, easy-to-understand presentation of core plan features like cost-sharing and provider networks will help consumers find what works for them.
5. Free help is available. If you have questions about signing up or want to talk through your options with a trained professional, free help is just a call or click away. Call 1-800-318-2596 or visit localhelp.healthcare.gov.
Digital Press Kit:
B-roll, stock photos, and recent data releases are available. Bookmark this page now and visit often. We plan to update the page regularly with new images and resources as we progress through Open Enrollment. The page is available at this link: https://marketplace.cms.gov/outreach-and-education/press-resources.html
This interview is provided by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services