- President Lee to oversee Group’s business in the Chinese market
- The appointment to enhance agility and competitiveness in the Chinese market
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Confirmed Covid-19 fatalities rise above 100,000 in the U.S. - Johns Hopkins University
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Kia Motors continues to donate personal protective equipment to U.S. hospitals and medical facilities
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "We will continue to expand our offer step by step in the coming months and connect Europe with each other." Lufthansa
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
Hyundai Motor Group Appoints Kwang-guk Lee as New Head of China Operations
Release Date: 31 October 2019
Hyundai Motor Group announced today that Kwang-guk Lee will be promoted to President and Head of China Operations from his current position as Executive Vice President and Head of Korea Business Division at Hyundai Motor Company. Lee is expected to enhance the Group’s agility and competitiveness in the Chinese market, the biggest battleground for the global automotive industry.
In his new capacity, Lee will oversee the Group’s business in China to enhance its business competitiveness and brand value. He will also devise business strategies and establish mid- to long-term visions for this important market.
Over the years, Lee has accumulated abundant experience in Hyundai Motor’s overseas businesses, including Germany and U.K. During his tenure as Head of Korea Business Division of Hyundai Motor, he spearheaded the company’s prowess in sales and brand innovation, including the launch of new models and creative marketing and communication efforts.
Lee will begin his new post on November 1. The current head of China operations, President Byung Ho Lee, will serve as an advisor to the Group.
2016 ~ 2019: Executive Vice President, Head of Korea Business Division
2014 ~ 2016: Senior Vice President, Head of Hyundai Motor Company Washington Office
2011 ~ 2014: Vice President, External Affairs Team Leader
2011: Vice President, Brand Strategy Team Leader
2010: Vice President, Head of Vehicle Export Support Group2006 ~ 2010: Vice President, Head of Hyundai Motor UK
27 May 2020
27 May 2020
25 May 2020