- Forte praised for expected reliability and available advanced driver assistance technologies
- Critics applaud Soul’s top-notch safety scores and available Kia Drive Wise technologies
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Confirmed cases of Covid-19 rise above 5 million worldwide - Johns Hopkins University
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Kia Motors continues to donate personal protective equipment to U.S. hospitals and medical facilities
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "We will continue to expand our offer step by step in the coming months and connect Europe with each other." Lufthansa
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
Kia Forte and Soul named Top Pick for Teens by U.S. News & World Report
Release Date: 20 August 2019
Both Vehicles Recognized as Standouts in Their Respective Segments
U.S. News & World Report has awarded the 2019 Kia Forte “Best Car for Teens $25k to $30k” and the 2020 Kia Soul “Best SUV for Teens $25k to $30k.” Vehicles were evaluated based on predicted reliability ratings, crash test scores and available advanced driver assistance features.
“We are honored that Forte and Soul took the top spot in their respective segments,” said Orth Hedrick, executive director, Car Planning & Technology, Kia Motors America. “These wins reflect Kia’s ‘Give It Everything’ spirit, the commitment to deliver world-class vehicles that stand out from the competition with a plethora of standard equipment, industry-leading warranty and outstanding craftsmanship.”
U.S. News & World Report applauded Forte for reliability as well as the vehicle’s numerous Kia Drive Wise advanced driver assistance technologies. Forte provides occupants with a comfortable and well-appointed cabin as well as numerous standard technologies to enhance convenience, including an eight-inch touchscreen, Android Auto[i] and Apple CarPlay[ii] support. An Intelligent Variable Transmission (IVT) achieves an EPA-estimated 35 MPG combined for the FE trim.[iii]
Redesigned for the 2020 model year, Kia’s iconic Soul was honored for earning an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ rating and available Kia Drive Wise technology. The 2020 Soul continues to surprise and delight with next-gen infotainment and technology standard across the lineup, including seven-inch touch screen as well as standard Apple CarPlay2 and Android Auto1 capability. Soul also offers the UVO hands-free infotainment system to help drivers keep their hands on the wheel.
For more information on the award, visit U.S. News & World Report.
[i] Vehicle user interface is a product of Google and its terms and privacy statements apply. Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and an Android compatible smartphone running Android™ 5.0 Lollipop or higher. Data plan rates apply. Android Auto is a trademark of Google LLC.
[ii] Apple CarPlay™ is a trademark of Apple Inc. Requires a compatible Apple device sold separately. Apple CarPlay™ runs on your smartphone cellular data service. Data plan rates apply.
[iii] Fuel economy based on EPA estimates (city/highway/combined): FE 6MT: 27/37/31; FE IVT: 31/41/45; LXS, S, EX trims: 30/40/34. Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and your vehicle’s condition.
21 May 2020
19 May 2020
19 May 2020