- Kia Motors will make its debut in India at the Auto Expo
- World premiere for Kia SP Concept, hinting at plans for an Indian-market SUV
- SP Concept takes Kia's design language in a bold and sophisticated direction
- Kia to outline plans for Indian market with showcase of 16 global models
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "Flare-ups are to be expected as countries start to lift restrictions." - WHO DG
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: The number of flights into Las Vegas to keep increasing over the Summer months
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Ford offers customers option to return vehicles in case they lose their jobs within the first year
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
Kia makes its Indian debut at Auto Expo 2018
Release Date: 30 January 2018
New Delhi, January 30, 2018 – Kia Motors India (KMI) will make its Indian market debut at the Auto Expo 2018 in New Delhi with a new concept car. Kia will unveil the SP Concept at the New Delhi motor show on 7 February, 2018, alongside a showcase of 16 of the brand’s global models.
Inspired by Indian heritage and driven by advanced technology, the Kia SP Concept hints at the company’s plans to introduce a new SUV to the Indian market in future. Bold and stylish, the SP Concept combines sophisticated beauty, breakthrough technology, and high functionality in a small SUV form.
Alongside the global debut for the SP Concept, Kia will showcase its global range of cars at Auto Expo. Kia will exhibit its wide range of electric vehicles, plug-in hybrids, and a range of other cars – including the exciting new Stinger sports sedan. Kia Motors is looking to replicate its global success in India, the world’s fastest growing car market.
Han-Woo Park, President of Kia Motors Corporation, commented: “All of us at Kia Motors are extremely proud to take our first steps into one of world’s largest automotive markets. And we are here to build more than just great cars. We aim to set a new standard in the Indian auto industry by providing consumers with world-class products and services, while engaging with and giving back to the local community.”
Kia’s award-winning products are now among the most popular cars on sale across the world today, gaining praise for attractive design, high-tech features, and reliability. The company’s distinctive design identity, including its hallmark ‘tiger-nose’ grille, runs through the brand’s entire vehicle line-up, making the brand’s cars immediately recognizable all over the world.
The SP Concept and full range of Kia cars will be on display at the Kia stand in Hall 7 of the Auto Expo.
01 Jul 2020