- Kia’s West Point, Georgia-built vehicles, Optima and Sorento, led the pack
- Kia’s quality and reliability make the brand’s CPO program a popular choice with consumers
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Eight million protective masks arrive in Germany from Shanghai
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "Unlikely to be business as usual during the summer." - Edison Group
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: SEAT starts the production of emergency ventilators in Spain
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
Kia Motors America Announces 16 Consecutive Months Of Record Certified Pre-Owned Sales
Release Date: 14 June 2017
Kia’s Award-Winning CPO Program Outpaces the Industry Once Again in May With 10.2 Percent Increase In CPO Sales Year-Over-Year
Kia Motors America (KMA) announced the 16th consecutive month of record Certified Pre-Owned sales, with 7,008 units sold in May. The brand’s award-winning program continues to introduce new consumers to Kia’s diverse lineup of vehicles. Kia’s U.S.-built* vehicles – the Optima and Sorento – led the charge with 1,657 and 1,486 units sold, respectively
Autodata’s[i] May CPO retail sales report confirms that when it comes to pre-owned vehicles, Kia continues to outpace the industry with an impressive 13.2 percent increase year-to-date.
“Certified Pre-Owned programs offer new-car like peace of mind to a wider spectrum of vehicle shoppers,” said Karl Brauer, executive publisher, Autotrader, Dealer.com and Kelley Blue Book. “While nearly every manufacturer has increased its CPO coverage in recent years, Kia's program is clearly resonating with buyers who recognize the brand's superb value equation.”
KMA’s rigorous CPO program, administered by JM&A Group, accepts only Kia vehicles that are five years or newer with fewer than 60,000 miles on the odometer and every vehicle undergoes a meticulous 150-point Quality Assurance inspection by certified Kia technicians. CPO vehicles also come with a 10-year /100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and 12-month /12,000 mile-Platinum Coverage. Whether it’s the midsize Optima sedan, iconic Soul or the Sorento SUV that drivers dream of, customers get a great price matched with superb quality, bypassing the stress, risk and uncertainty that typically comes with buying a previously owned vehicle.