- Soul wins coveted Best Buy Award for third consecutive year
- Funky style, versatility, and impressive interior quality help Soul earn top spot
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "Flare-ups are to be expected as countries start to lift restrictions." - WHO DG
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: The number of flights into Las Vegas to keep increasing over the Summer months
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Ford offers customers option to return vehicles in case they lose their jobs within the first year
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
Kia Soul Receives 2017 Consumer Guide® Automotive Best Buy Award
Release Date: 16 November 2016
Popular Soul Hits all the High Marks in Subcompact Car Category
Consumer Guide® Automotive has awarded the Kia Soul one of its coveted Best Buy Awards for 2017 in the Subcompact Car segment, marking the third year in a row the fun-loving box car has received the award. Once again, the Soul’s funky personality resonated with the editors, along with its roomy interior, premium-looking cabin and long list of desirable features.
“People gravitate toward the Soul because of its head-turning style, extensive feature content, and excellent value. Its practicality makes it a perfect fit for just about every type of lifestyle,” said Orth Hedrick, vice president product planning Kia Motors America. “Being recognized by Consumer Guide Automotive for a third consecutive year proves the Soul continues to be a crowd favorite, and with the new turbocharged version offered for 2017, we anticipate its popularity will surge to new heights.”
For 2017, the Soul gains a 201-hp 1.6-liter turbocharged engine for more fun than ever. Though the 1.6-liter turbo engine adds 40 horsepower, fuel economy is 28 miles-per-gallon, city and highway combined[i] —slightly better than the combined mileage of the 2.0-liter normally-aspirated 161-hp engine in the Soul Plus and in the Soul Base 1.6-liter, which produces 130 horsepower. Performance in the turbocharged Exclaim is further enhanced by the addition of a new 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT), which contributes to a more engaging driving experience. Other new options for the 2017 model year are convenience systems such as Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Blind Spot Detection. The 2017 Exclaim also gets standard UVO3[ii] with e-Services with integrated Android Auto™[iii] and Apple CarPlay TM[iv].
Each year Consumer Guide Automotive editors select the best vehicles from 20 segments to receive Best Buy Awards, with vehicle price and value being major factors in their selection process. By prioritizing these key consideration points in the car-buying process, the Consumer Guide Automotive Best Buy Awards serve a practical purpose to everyday car shoppers. Celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2017, Consumer Guide Automotive is one of the most trusted names in the automobile industry.
* The Sorento and Optima GDI (EX, SX & Limited and certain LX Trims only) are assembled in the United States from U.S. and globally sourced parts.
[i] Based on EPA estimates. Actual mileage will vary with options, driving conditions, driving habits and your vehicle’s condition.
[ii] Warning: Driving while distracted can result in a loss of vehicle control that may lead to an accident, severe personal injury and death. Always drive safely and use caution.
[iii] Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.
[iv] Apple® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
01 Jul 2020