- The brand associates with the National Team until March 2021 and will be the official car
- The sponsorship includes featuring the company during the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia and the UEFA Euro 2020
- SEAT, the only domestic carmaker in Spain, seeks to bring the brand closer to football enthusiasts and enhance its international visibility with this agreement
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Confirmed Covid-19 fatalities rise above 100,000 in the U.S. - Johns Hopkins University
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Kia Motors introduces a range of measures to create a safe working environment for its employees worldwide
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: "We will continue to expand our offer step by step in the coming months and connect Europe with each other." Lufthansa
- CORONAVIRUS NEWS: Find daily news, feature stories, quotes and advice related to the outbreak of Covid-19
SEAT, new sponsoring partner of the Spanish National Football Team
Release Date: 09 May 2018
Committed to Spanish sports
Martorell, 09/05/2018. – SEAT today has become a new sponsoring partner of the Spanish National Football Team. The agreement signed between the carmaker and the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) places SEAT in the category of main sponsoring partner, valid until March 2021. With this arrangement, SEAT will be the official car of the Spanish National Football Team and one of its sponsors during the 2018 World Cup Russia, which is kicking off next 14 June, as well as of the Euro 2020, which is being held in 11 countries. With this agreement, SEAT, which today is commemorating the 68th anniversary of its foundation, seeks to bring the brand closer to fans and increase its national and international visibility.
SEAT President Luca de Meo pointed out that “by sponsoring the Spanish National Football Team, SEAT is partnering with a winning team at a time when the company is also achieving major successes”. Moreover, de Meo added that “this agreement seeks to associate SEAT as the brand of the Spanish people and unite us in rallying around a common passion which is football, the most popular sport and the best platform to enable the spirit of the brand to gain visibility and continue to grow in Spain and Europe as well as around the world”.
Furthermore, RFEF Management Committee President Marcelino Maté welcomed “the sincere and loyal collaboration we have found in SEAT, a benchmark brand in the European market with which we will go hand-in-hand until 2021. The Royal Spanish Football Federation is fully aware of the importance of this agreement and of the benefits resulting from it”. Maté said “the ties between the National Team and SEAT are going to be strong, intense, friendly and advantageous for both parts. As of today, Spanish football at its highest level, the National Team, and SEAT, a leading company in its sector, have a common goal: the 2018 World Cup”.
SEAT is making its debut as a sponsoring partner of the Spanish National Football Team next 3 June at the friendly match scheduled against Switzerland being held in Villarreal. From then until March 2021, the company will be present at a minimum of 15 matches taking place in Spain. The agreement also includes, among others, promotional activities with some of the Spanish National Team players.
Commitment to sports
This new sponsorship falls within the framework of the brand’s commitment to promoting values related to sports, such as the King’s Cup football matches. In this sense, general manager of SEAT Spain Mikel Palomera indicated that “football and sports are a major focal point for SEAT. Values such as the eagerness to excel, hard work, teamwork and tenacity, which are essential in sport, perfectly match those of the company. By sponsoring the Spanish National Football Team, we want to be closer to the people and show how proud we are to be part of this country”. To this effect, SEAT makes an ongoing effort to seek out new collaboration agreements and sponsorships, especially those associated with sports competitions.
27 May 2020
27 May 2020
25 May 2020